-bags of frozen veggies
-water and bouillon or chicken stock (or beef stock if you're using beef), 2 C per person
-1/4 t garlic powder & 1/4 t ground ginger
-meat of your choice, cut into bite sized pieces
-thinly sliced green onions
-ramen noodles without the seasoning packet
- Now, use the 1/4 t of each spice for every 2 C of water/stock.
- Use as much bouillon as you need for the amount of water you're using. I use 8 C water (with 8 t bouillon) or stock for four people with leftovers.
- Add bags of veggies. I am using a stir-fry medley with carrots, snap peas, broccoli, and yellow peppers (2 bags) along with a partial bag of peas and carrots.
- Cook your meat separately. (I am using cans of chicken to sprinkle in each bowl before serving). After meat is cooked, place in soup pot with everything else.
- After soup is boiling and your veggies are cooked, throw in the ramen noodles. Let cook for 3 minutes and serve topped with green onions.
- Serve with crusty bread. The recipe I used I found here: CRUSTY ASS BREAD RECIPE.
- Bread is cheaper to make than to buy. And more fun. And more messy. But more tasty. So it's definitely worth it to make your own.
This soup is basic. Kind of a like a basic bitch. We can rename this soup "Basic Bitch Soup". Which I'd like to assume means a girl without makeup on (which is what this soup is compared to a human). But I don't think that's what it means. But anyways, it's a basic soup to make when you need something quick and cheap to make. And, it's yum!
UPDATE: Just made this soup? And no, it's not a basic bitch. It's one of the best damn soups you'll ever taste! OMG!!! Soooo yummy!