Hawaiian Meatballs and Rice
- 1 can (8 oz each) crushed pineapple in juice, divided
- 1 cup Hunt's® Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 2-1/4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- Stir together half the pineapple and 3/4 cup barbecue sauce in small bowl; set aside.
- Mix remaining pineapple, remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, beef, 1/4 cup rice, salt and pepper in large bowl until well blended. Shape mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1-1/4 inches each. Place in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray; spoon sauce mixture over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir gently and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 16 to 18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F).
- Meanwhile, prepare remaining 2 cups rice according to package directions, omitting salt and butter and adding bell pepper. Serve meatballs and sauce over rice.
|Serving Size||4 servings (6 meatballs with sauce and 1 cup rice each)|